The Horsehead Nebula (also known as Barnard 33) is a dark nebula in the constellation Orion. The nebula is located just to the south of the star Alnitak, which is farthest east on Orion's Belt, and is part of the much larger Orion Molecular Cloud Complex. The nebula was first recorded in 1888 by Scottish astronomer Williamina Fleming on photographic plate B2312 taken at the Harvard College Observatory. The Horsehead Nebula is approximately 1500 light years from Earth.
- Location: Harold Campbell Everglades
- Scope: Takahashi FSQ-106ED
- Camera: Fli ML8300 with CFW2-7 and Astrodon Filters
- 600 sec Lum / 300 sec subs RBG bin 2 / 600 sec HA applied 50% to red (Hydrogen Alpha) - Maxim DL
- Combined and processed in Pixinsight
- Taken 1/6/14