The Pleiades, also known as the Seven Sisters and Messier 45, are an open star cluster containing middle-aged, hot B-type stars located in the constellation of Taurus. It is among the nearest star clusters to Earth and is the cluster most obvious to the naked eye in the night sky.
The brightest reflection nebula in M45 is the Merope Nebula, surrounding the star Merope. The nebula is also known as Tempel’s Nebula, after its discoverer, the German astronomer Wilhelm Tempel.
- Location: Kissimmee Prairie State Park
- Scope: Takahashi FSQ - 106ED
- Camera: Fli ML8300 with CFW2-7 and Astrodon Filters
- 600 sec subs LRGB for 8.5 hour in Maxim DL
- Combined in Maxim DL and processed in Pixinsight
- Taken 11/18/14